Green Initiatives at Circus Circus Reno
A green hotel in Reno doing its part to preserve the environment
UPDATE: Eldorado Resorts has made a Green impact on the Earth. 40,523 – 16.9 oz water bottles were saved from the landfills as Cintas recycled them into our uniforms as eco-friendly styles. Just think, our Housekeeping tunic is made from 24 – 16.9 oz bottle size and our Eldorado Front Desk Preston/Canton pant/slack are 48 – 16.9 oz bottle size!
As a proponent of sustainable hospitality, Circus Circus Reno implements multiple conservation policies to minimize the impact of our daily operations on the environment. Energy conservation and environmental sustainability are built into the fabric of our work culture.
Every year, we’ve made significant progress in our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint through waste prevention, recycling, and water conservation. We also encourage our guests to make environmentally smart choices while they’re here. For instance, we have a towel and linen reuse program and provide that information in every room.
In 2016 alone, Circus Circus Reno achieved an 18.5% recycling diversion rate, which means 18.5% of our total waste stream was recycled instead of being dumped in a landfill. Learn more about our 2016 conservation efforts.
Green Initiatives We've Implemented
- Single stream recycling program
- Energy-efficient LED lights for the exteriors of the two hotel towers, casino floor, parking garages, retail stores, and restaurants at our green hotel in Reno
- Water conservation programs, including the installation of low-flow plumbing fixtures in all our hotel rooms
- Electric car charging stations in the North Parking Garage
- Towel and linen reuse program